Did you know that the updated Quality Measures will be reported via the 5 Star Quality Rating System on Nursing Home Compare beginning April 1st, 2012? Is your facility ready?
There are now two specific pressure ulcer Quality Measures:
- Percent of residents with pressure ulcers that are new or worsened-Short Stay
- Percent of high-risk residents with pressure ulcers-Long Stay
If your facility could use a refresher on the new measures, WoundRounds is here to help. Recently we asked David Rokes, RN and COO of Post Acute Consulting to share his insights and knowledge on the topic of Wound Care and Reimbursement. David has over 19 years’ experience in driving reimbursement results while maintaining the utmost compliance. In his discussion, David supplies us critical information on Quality Measures and other reimbursement topics such as:
- How to correctly identify and document the staging of a wound or pressure ulcer
- Using the Braden and Norton Scales during an assessment of a wounds
- How to comply to Code Section M correctly and accurately
- The Impacts of Rug-III and Rug-IV on your wound care treatment
- Proper expense management
If your facility is struggling to understand wound care reimbursement requirements and is looking for the latest regulations and documentation requirements, please view the free presentation entitled Clinical Reimbursement and Wound Care.