Webinars On Demand
WoundRounds®, a wound care technology solution provider, would like to invite you to watch our archived series of educational webinars. Presented by industry experts, these free, one-hour webinars are held regularly and open to all. We cover a range of topics from compliance issues to how to be more efficient with your time. Our webinars are loaded with useful information and tips to help you improve your wound care process. You might also want to check out our upcoming live webinars by CLICKING HERE.
Technology for Improved Wound Management
About the webinar: Technology for Improved Wound Management
How can your organization improve wound outcomes while decreasing costs? Learn how AMG Long Term Acute Care Specialty Hospital is using technology to achieve better wound management with fewer resources. Jennifer Wallace RN, BSN, the CEO of AMG Greenwood, presents strategies to improve wound management in this one-hour webinar:
- 1. Reducing Facility-Acquired Pressure Ulcers and Worsening Wounds
- 2. Streamlining & Decreasing Nursing Time
- 3. Reducing Labor Costs
- 4. Case Studies
Watch Technology for Improved Wound Management
Wound Photography for Risk Management
According to the popular saying, “A picture is worth a thousand words.” Photographing wounds can provide many clinical benefits. Documenting wound progression over time can depict wound healing and improve coordination of care among the clinical team. However, wound photographs have also come under question for inflaming juries and hurting the defendant’s case.
Learn from expert Anne Scheurich BS, RN, CWOCN, WoundRounds Vice President of Clinical Operations. She will present leveraging the benefits of wound photography, and will share best practice tips in working with staff, residents and family members.
- 1. Describe the benefits of wound photography
- 2. Learn the 7 best practices for wound photography
- 3. Review 3 case studies
Watch: Wound Photography for Risk Management
Burgess Square Healthcare Center shares their best practices
Join John Vrba, CEO of Burgess Square Healthcare Center, along with Wound Nurses Michelle Balduff and Gia Fite, as they take you through what outcomes their facility experienced from leveraging technology for wound management and an Electronic Health Record. Get real life examples how this 200 bed skilled nursing facility:
- Improved resident care
- Increased financial outcomes
- Reduced resident risk
- Increased referrals
- Enriched staff satisfaction and engagement
Watch:Burgess Square Healthcare Center Shares Their Best Practices
Treatment Choices for Lower Extremity Wounds
Learn how to help your team make informed decisions in managing and treating arterial, venous and diabetic foot ulcers. Click here to learn more and/or register for this webinar which has been submitted for 1.0 Nursing CEUs.
Watch: Treatment Choices For Lower Extremity Wounds
Differentiating Lower Extremity Wounds
It is important to be able to differentiate lower extremity wounds in order to provide clinically appropriate interventions. Understanding the underlying etiology of these wounds is an essential component of a comprehensive assessment. It helps in the identification of systemic factors that contribute to wound development and impact wound healing. It also helps provide an understanding of the healing potential and informs treatment choices. Learn how your facility can make informed choices when treating Lower Extremity Wounds. Certified Wound Care Nurse, Laura Patun, presents Differentiating Lower Extremity Wounds based on an understanding of the underlying etiology of each type: Arterial, Venous, and Diabetic.
- State basic pathophysiology of arterial, venous and diabetic foot ulcers.
- Describe distinguishing characteristics of arterial, venous and diabetic foot ulcers.
- Describe management objectives and treatment choices for arterial, venous and diabetic foot ulcers.
Watch: Differentiating Lower Extremity Wounds
QAPI for Wound Care: A Practical Guide for Quality Assurance Performance Improvement
In the near future, all nursing homes must have in place and implement an acceptable QAPI plan. Learn how your facility can benefit from focusing on quality of wound care. Michelle Stuercke, CNO of NuCare Symphony, along with Anne Scheurich, VP Clinical Operations for WoundRounds, present their experiences in wound care QAPI.
- Understand the QAPI process and traditional QA programs
- Identify the 12-steps to implement QAPI
- Review a pressure ulcer root cause analysis
- Review a case study on a wound care Performance Improvement Plan
Watch: QAPI for Wound Care. A Practical Guide for Quality Assurance Performance Improvement
Dressing(s) for Success: Wound Care Dressing Selection
With the myriad of dressings available, dressing selection can be a challenging and complex process. Learn how your facility can make better decisions. Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse, Kathy O’Toole, presents appropriate dressing selection based on wound characteristics and wound management goals.
- Discussion of wound characteristics that influence dressing selection
- Explanation of the mechanism of action for each wound dressing category– what each dressing does as it relates to what the wound needs.
- How to select the appropriate dressing based on wound characteristics and wound management goals.
- Examples, including discuss primary and secondary dressings too.
Watch: Dressing(s) for Success: Wound Care Dressing Selection
Wound Care Excellence: Making Rehab Part of the Wound Care Team
Interdisciplinary teams are standard across health care because they create superior outcomes. This webinar explores best practices when the Rehab and Wound Care teams come together in both preventing and treating patient wounds. Rehab expert, Cheryl Babin, PT/ MHA and wound care expert, Anne Scheurich RN, CWOCN, co-present insights and practical advice that works across post acute care settings:
- Understand benefits of integrating Rehab into the Wound Care team and assists with wound prevention and treatment
- Discuss practical tips in bringing the Rehab into the Wound Care team
- Explore approaches to maximize clinical and financial outcomes
- Plus case studies
Watch: Wound Care Excellence Making Rehab Part of the Wound Care Team
PUSH Tool for Monitoring Pressure Ulcer Healing
The Pressure Ulcer Scale for Healing (PUSH Tool) monitors wound healing over time. Learn how your facility can use this tool to improve patient care. Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse, Kathy O’Toole, presents techniques for more effective wound care through proper use of the PUSH Tool to monitor changes in pressure ulcer status.
- Top benefits and how to use the PUSH Tool
- How to differentiate between healing and non-healing wounds
- Identify the wound assessment element in the PUSH Tool
- Case studies that illustrate effective use of the PUSH Tool
Watch: PUSH Tool for Monitoring Pressure Ulcer Healing: a Practical Guide
Braden Scale for the Prediction of Pressure Ulcer Risk
What proactive steps can your facility take to identify those at risk for pressure ulcers? What specific areas can you focus on to help reduce risk and liability? Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse, Lynn Ferguson, presents techniques for more effective pressure ulcer prevention through proper use of the Braden Scale for the Prediction of Pressure Ulcer Risk.
- Top benefits and how to use the Braden Scale.
- Key interventions to employ based on residents’ scores.
- Case studies that illustrate effective use of the Braden Scale.
- Demonstration of Braden Scale automation through the WoundRounds® System
Watch: Braden Scale for the Prediction of Pressure Ulcer Risk: A Practical Guide
Wound Assessment & Documentation: A Practical Guide
What practical steps can your facility take for effective assessment and management of wounds? What are the best practices in documenting wounds to maximize clinical outcomes, improve productivity and reduce risk and liability?
- Providing a thorough wound assessment
- How to measure wounds
- Overcoming challenges: undermining, tunneling, necrotic tissue, and abnormal periwound
- Featuring illustrative wound photos
Watch: Wound Assessment & Documentation: A Practical Guide
Wound Staging: A Practical Guide
What practical steps can your facility take to manage pressure ulcers? Understanding wound formation and staging skills are critical to winning the war against pressure ulcers.
- Understand proper staging of pressure ulcers
- Learn how to identify a Suspected Deep Tissue Injury
- Explore practical tips for unstageable wounds
- And more…
Watch: Wound Staging: A Practical Guide
Avoiding Legal Pitfalls in Wound Care
What practical steps can your facility to avoid legal land-mines in wound care?
- Documentation and trending tips that win cases
- Recent legal developments in wound photography
- Case Studies on avoidable pressure ulcers
- And much more
Watch: Avoiding Costly Legal Pitfalls in Wound Care
Clinical Reimbursement & Wound Care
How can your facility maximize reimbursement? What practical steps can your wound care team pursue to optimize the bottom line?
- Tips for understanding how MDS 3.0
impacts on reimbursement
- Best practices and RUG IV
- Case studies and success stories
Watch: Clinical Reimbursement & Wound Care
Technology for Improved Wound Care Management
How can your facility improve wound outcomes while decreasing costs? Learn how one long term care facility is using technology to get better wound management with fewer resources.
- Reducing Facility-Acquired Pressure Ulcers
- Streamlining & Decreasing Nursing Time
- Reducing Wound Care Costs
- Case studies